Global warming, swine flu, terrorism, even the Jonas Brothers, you’d figure one of these would mark the destruction of mankind, but no.
Instead, doom will come stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon, fried in oil, stuffed in a bun and topped with sauerkraut, mayonnaise and lard.
The streets will run pink with hotdog.
1. French Fried Dog on a Stick
- This monstrosity hails from South Korea. One hotdog, battered with flour and cornmeal, wrapped with French fries, fried and conveniently impaled on a stick.
2. Deep Fried in the Garden State
- Get off the parkway in the Soprano state and head to Clifton, New Jersey for Rutt’s Hut famous, or infamous, deep fried hotdogs and salty onion rings.
3. Twisted in Bacon and Grilled
- Here’s the cardiovascular disease starter kit. A real do-it-yourself! Just get some hot dogs, wrapped them in bacon, sauerkraut, onions and get grilling.
4. As American as Hotdog Pie
- Apple pie is an American standard and no Fourth of July would be the same with out wiener, but if you combine pie and hot dogs. You get a true American psycho.
5. Snappin’ Wiener with Green Beans
- Steve’s Snappin’ Dogs pairs up serves up dogs made with bacon, sour cream, coleslaw, mayonnaise and cheddar jack cheese, with green beans and carrots. Odd.
6. Cored and Cheese Whizzed
- Drill holes in your dogs, inflate them with spray cheese, roll in bacon, and deep fry. You don’t even need a bun for these puppies!
7. Ketchup, Mustard and Lard
- Paula Deen may know southern cooking, but she needs her head examined. Because she’ll top your wiener with bacon, cheese sauce and scoops of lard.
Egad. The amount of saturated fat in this post meets the recommended daily allowance for 5 years. Hell hath no fury like a hotdog scorned.
I said it before, in the hamburger post, but it’s still ironic that a guy who doesn’t eat meat got to write this. I may have a secondhand heart attack.