I’m not sure what to make of this, but for a number of months now, Jillian Michaels has been pushing her own line of weight loss supplements. She has been riding a wave of success since being the Biggest Loser trainer – which led to her own weight loss program and a series of books and DVDs.
Supplements are whole different thing altogether.The endorsement seems slightly incongruous as Michaels has generally believed in hard exercise and good diet for fat loss.
Two of her primary products are:
- Jillian Michaels EXTREME Maximum Strength Calorie Control™
- Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner™
A brief look at both of them shows very high amounts of caffeine-based stimulants:
Proprietary Xanthine Complex: 791.00 mg
- Yerba Mate leaf (llex paraguariensis)
- Coffee (bean) Extract (Coffea arabica) – standardized to 70% natural caffeine
- Guarana (seed) Extract (Paullinia cupana) – standardized to 10% caffeine
- Cocoa (seed) Extract (Theobroma cacao) – standardized to 4% theobromine
Same old same old. While perhaps some people may have found some small benefits from taking these kind of pills, I’m yet to see a long-term success story that featured diet pills.
For those with a long memory, you might remember Dr Phil putting out his own line of supplements. It ended in lawsuits and embarrassment.