It is about to be a new year—2013!
I hope you find yourself at the end of the year more educated and empowered when it comes to diet and health.
But, just in case you missed something, I figured it would be fun to have a recap of all the diet myths we have uncovered, best food ideas, and other helpful tips shared this year on Diet Blog.
Top 20 Health and Diet Countdown
20. America may still be polluting the world with obesity. High stress jobs, and demanding lifestyles are the biggest blame for high rates of obesity.
19. Weight Watchers still reins supreme. The new 360 program proves that Weight Watchers is thinking about every aspect of weight loss. Mindful eating, using phone apps for weight loss, and techniques to eat successfully away from home are the focus.
18. We learned to sensibly detox. Avoid all added sugars, avoid “diet” products, and add potent detox foods.
17. Many discover almond butter as their new favorite, and healthier, nut butter!
16. It’s OK to blame your inability to lose weight on the Set Point Theory. Sometimes.
15. People are getting thin at Starbuck’s!
14. Just because it is organic doesn’t mean it is always healthy. There is plenty of organic junk food out there.
13. Green coffee supplements are probably not going to help you lose any weight. Dr. Oz fails again.
12. Stress kills diets. Use stress reduction techniques like yoga and meditation to slim down.
11. Apples are the dirtiest (highest pesticide level) food of the year.
10. Eat at home for the best weight loss. This is simple, but the key for success.
9. You can use healthy swaps in recipes to save mega calories. Don’t be afraid to try new healthy recipe tricks!
8. Whole grain and multigrain do not mean the same thing. We uncovered how to figure out if your grain is healthy.
7. Sleep affects weight loss. Don’t slack on sleep if you want to lose weight.
6. The coconut water fad is on its way out. There is no point in drinking it unless you enjoy the flavor or are using it as a natural sports recovery drink.
5. We reveal the real and quick swimsuit slim-downs that work.
4. I get slammed for disagreeing with an inappropriate vegan children’s book. Children shouldn’t be scared into being vegan.
3. Your diet can be exciting! Don’t eat bland food, add some low calorie pizzazz.
2. Raspberry ketone supplements do not show any significant impact on weight loss. Strike 2 for Dr. Oz.
1. We learn the importance of learning to change habits and behaviors for good. We won’t be successful unless we make a healthy diet our current lifestyle.
Have you learned any diet lessons this year? I know I have! I have a degree in this stuff, and I am still learning new things.