Clinical nutritionist, Kimberly Snyder, published her first nutrition and beauty book in March called, The Beauty Detox Solution.
Kimberly is known in the media as a nutrition and beauty expert to the stars. It helps to have celebrities supporting the diet, but will her tips work for you?
Her book focuses on holistic care to improve your body inside and out. She claims her methods will help improve your nails, make your hair shiny, reduce your acne and wrinkles, and eliminate bloating.
Beauty Detox Negatives
- There are a lot of eliminated foods from the diet. If following the Beauty Detox Solution, you can not eat dairy, soy, beans, peanuts, most meats, eggs, and most fruit! I would never advocate eliminating fruits for the average person because research consistently supports fruit as a part of a healthy diet.
- Food combining is encouraged. Kimberly suggests eating foods in a certain order and this can be tedious and unrealistic for most people’s schedules. For example, you can not eat hummus with vegetables. In addition, there is no research to support food combining.
- There is little research on foods that can improve your skin, hair, or nails. The only thing that comes close is Omega 3’s, and a multivitamin. If the diet allowed you to eat foods rich in Omega 3’s, and was a balanced diet, I would agree that it might help improve your skin, hair, and nails.
Beauty Detox Positives
- The book advocates a vegan diet which is a healthy way of life for many people. Eating more fruits, vegetables, and whole foods is an important part of eating healthy.
- In the short term, you will likely lose weight and see some detoxifying results. However, for the long term, this diet is not sustainable.
More Like a Cleanse
The Beauty Detox Solution seems like more of a cleanse, except you are able to eat whole foods. I can understand why people would lose weight on this plan because the calorie level is likely low and you are restricted to a smaller number of foods. The bottom line is that this diet/detox plan is unrealistic and not scientifically backed. The diet would be most suitable for those wishing to do a cleanse for a week, or for celebrities who have the resources to diet in this fashion.
The Beauty Detox Solution can be purchased at a discount here.