Domino’s pizza is apparently a “Good Choice for a Healthy Diet”.
That’s according to a press release claiming that Glamour magazine and Men’s Health both recommended Domino’s Pizza.Domino’s list the following “facts” about their pizza:
* Pizza is essentially a meal in itself, as you can find foods from the four basic food groups in one slice.
* A crunchy thin crust Domino’s pizza contains less than half the carbohydrates of Domino’s classic hand-tossed pizza.
* None of the core products on Domino’s menu (pizza, bread side items, chicken) contain trans fats.
* Customers seeking a healthier pizza have the option of ordering their pizza with a lighter portion of cheese.
* The tomatoes in pizza sauce contain lycopene, which helps protect against prostate cancer. Tomatoes are also an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
I had to laugh at the first “fact” – it reads like a joke.
Another “fact” listed above is that none of the core products contain trans-fat. Note that word “core”. If you go for the Garlic Dipping Sauce – the first and largest ingredient is Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil.
Who eats a single slice of pizza anyway?