Beyoncé Knowles claims she lost 20 pounds by consuming a concoction made up of maple syrup, lemon juice, water and cayenne pepper.
Of course it’s not just any maple syrup but an organic “Madal Bal Natural Tree” syrup (UK distributor / USA distributor). Consequently, sales of the product are soaring.
The Master Cleanse Claims
According to Beyonce:
“I lived on water, cayenne pepper and maple syrup for 14 days. It was tough; everyone was eating and I was dying.”
- 10 day diet of water, cayenne, and maple syrup
- Lose 20 pounds like Beyonce
- Increased energy levels
- Detoxify organs and glands to improve the metabolism and boost mood and sex drive
- Increased muscle building ability
- Decreased fat storage
The Downside of the Diet
What did Beyonce do after enduring her maple syrup ordeal?
“After that I ate waffles, fried chicken, cheeseburgers, french fries, everything I could find.
“That was the best time of my life. I’ve gained twelve pounds.”
- Living on a maple syrup concoction for days on end will probably leave you: weak, with less muscle, a lot less glycogen (in the form of fluid loss), and probably very grumpy.
- A major problem of the diet is that it lacks protein, fiber, and nutrients from fruits and vegetables. You risk muscle loss, fatigue, and overall, malnutrition.
- There is no evidence that this diet fad will help you age well or help you build muscle. In fact, it may do the opposite!
- You will likely regain most of that weight that you lost. Anytime quick drastic weight loss is involved, be wary of your long term results.
Still want to cleanse? You are better off on a cleanse of fruits, vegetables, vegetable proteins, and healthy fats!