Tricia Cunningham’s weight loss method of eating meals in reverse has created quite a stir.
So much that Tricia has written her own book: The Reverse Diet Solution.
The book is most about how she managed to shed 172 pounds using the methods she discovered, which are featured in the Reverse Diet.
A number of weight loss diets call for a tapering of carbohydrates during the day (i.e. eat most carbohydrate in the morning, and the least at night).
Many people go even further to say that we shouldn’t eat after 7pm.
Common Reverse Diet Solution Questions
Does Tricia’s regime taper carbohydrates in the opposite way?
Is it that the body likes to have changes in order to break plateaus?
Does the diet help because people eat more protein in the mornings (most people tend to eat very carb-heavy breakfasts – sugary cereals, toast, milk, fruit, etc)?
Here are some answers
Salt, sugar, alcohol, caffeine and carbonated beverages.
Processed foods should be avoided as well because The Reverse Solution Diet focuses on whole, natural foods.
- All vegetables, fresh and frozen, including potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil (the darker, the better)
- All seafood, chicken and turkey
- All berries, peaches, pineapple, apples, grapes and plums
- White cheese
- Fat-free sour cream, salad dressing and skim milk
- Low-sodium margarine
- GARLIC, GARLIC, GARLIC
- All spices, excluding salt, read your labels!
- Post Shredded Wheat and Bran
- Uncooked Old Fashion Oatmeal
- Orange juice
- Red meat and pasta, in moderation and small portions
Tricia Cunningham’s Top 9 Diet Tips:
- Eat a BIG breakfast.
- If you don’t normally eat breakfast, take tonight’s dinner and put it in the refrigerator and have your breakfast for dinner. This will jump-start your metabolism so fast, you’ll be running to the scale!
- Never skip breakfast.
- Don’t overeat. Save leftovers for snacks.
- Eat a medium lunch and small dinner. You do not need to fill up at the end of the day.
- Use water, margarine, olive oil or orange juice when preparing meat.
- Drink two glasses of hot lemon water per day.
- Drink when you’re thirsty. Don’t force eight to 10 glasses of water per day.
- Eat when you’re hungry
Tricia Cunningham also enjoys loads of tofu and eats 3-4 servings per day.
What Really Makes This Effective?
This concept isn’t entirely new.
Eating more calories when your most active and cutting out sugar and processed foods are recommendations found in many plans.
Cutting out all the junk food is probably the reason The Reverse Solution Diet is so effective.
However, the plan is based on solid nutriton and has a lot of good resources to assist dieters in losing weight.