There are a large number of sites out there that connect users with each other and enable people to collaborate their information.
Here is a collection of sites that specialize in the area of health, fitness, and diet.
- FitLink – Connect workout partners.
- Fitocracy – Very popular – Points, levels, quests, and challenges.
- MyFitnessPal – Web app that also has apps for all smartphones.
- Traineo – Popular fitness site with ability to get others to motivate you.
- IntroPLAY – Track exercise. Compete in exercise leagues.
- WalkingSpree – Emphasis on walking and linking with pocket pedometer. Blogs and journals.
- PeerTrainer – Many social networking features. Fitness emphasis.
- Run Fat Boy – Share and journal workout plans.
- We Endure – A social training log for endurance sports .
- iTrainHarder – Workout and Diet tracking. Fee required.
- The Daily Burn – Workout and Exercise tracking.
- RunningAHEAD – Track, share, and analyze running workouts.
- FitMarker.com- A place to post and discuss fitness and health news from around the web.
- Workout Spots– Find local workout and fitness spots,browse for and easily register for classes,connect with the people you’re working out with.
Support Forums and Message Boards
Diet & Weight Loss Focus
- miDailyDiet – Share your diet tracking with anyone.
- Weight Loss Buddy – Devoted to matching up weight loss buddies based on a number of criteria.
- Weight Loss Wars – Social networking with a competitive aspect.
- Fat Secret – Journaling, chatting, tips, recipes – can be centered around any diet.
- Weight Circles – Blogs and “circles” (like-minded support groups). New.
- Losing It – Social Networking.
- Extra Pounds – Blogging and Tracking.
- SparkPeople – Popular weight loss program with many social networking features.
- Diet.com – Began as the “personality type diet” – but now offers a number of ways to connect with others.
- Diet TV – Track diet and exercise habits and link up with others.
- WellSphere – Join groups centered around specific goals.
- The Daily Plate – Diet tracking with social networking aspects.
- The Biggest Loser League – Allows people to set up teams and complete weekly weight-loss challenges while rooting
each other on.
I’m sure there are many more – feel free to make suggestions in the comments below.