There is a growing number of superb websites offering innovative ways to connect with a support network of people who are interested in fitness or weight loss.
Some of these sites have already been mentioned on diet-blog.com – however, this list is more comprehensive and will be updated from here on. Most sites are free while others may offer a premium fee-based service.
- Weight Loss Wars – Allows you to compete with other members in weight loss contests and challenges similar to The Biggest Loser. Great for coworkers to do together as some fun workplace healthy interaction.
- Weight Loss Buddy – Devoted to matching up weight loss buddies based on a number of criteria.
- Fat Secret – Journaling, chatting, tips, recipes – can be centered around any diet.
- Extra Pounds – Blogging and Tracking.
- SparkPeople – Popular weight loss program with many social networking features.
- Diet.com – Began as the “personality type diet” – but now offers a number of ways to connect with others.
- Diet Television – Track diet and exercise habits and link up with others.
- Traineo – Popular fitness site with ability to get others to motivate you.
- IntroPLAY – Track exercise. Compete in exercise leagues.
- FitLink – Fitness themed with ability to find training partners.
- WalkingSpree – Emphasis on walking and linking with pocket pedometer. Blogs and journals.
- PeerTrainer – Many social networking features. Fitness emphasis.
- WellSphere – Join groups centered around specific goals.
- Flexible Dieting Members Only Forum – Expert advice and coaching regarding how to be successful with flexible dieting and IIFYM.